Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring is Here and I'm Feelin' Groovy!

Hi all!
Spring has sprung and thoughts of the 60ies have been filling my head. I love seeing the "newest" retro looks with homage to the English mod fashions. If you weren't a hippie, then you must have been a mod with James Bond's girls as your inspiration. Faces were covered with tan makeup, the lips were silvery nude, no blush , and eyes so black and thick with mascara, eyeliner and of course blue eyeshadow up to the brows! The skirts were microminis, the fabrics were polyester in outrageous colors of lime green, orange, and turquoise and the hair was thick and glossy in half beehives, short bobs or straightened with orange juice cans-as-curlers or if you were really determined with a clothes iron (ok I admit it and have many scalp burns to prove it!). Mods and Hippies alike joined together in non-violence ideologies. This was rooted in the opposition to the Vietnam War. Hippies wore flowers in their hair and Mods wore enamel flower pins of all colors. Famous jewelry designers created these splashy pins in every imaginable color and texture. Get some Flower Power at www.vintagecouturejewelry.com and don't let the Dylan album warp near the radiator!
PatraB

1 comment:

Ashley & Anne said...

I love love love love love your blog! It's so neat! I never knew there were such cool vintage jewelry shops, totally enlightening. Mind if I post a link to you on my blog? This would definitely tie in to what I write about.