Friday, May 21, 2010

I'VE BEEN TO HOLLYWOOD, I'VE BEEN TO REDWOOD
I CROSSED THE OCEAN FOR A HEART OF GOLD-(by Givenchy that is!)

Well my dear fashionable friends,

I found a heart of gold designed by Givenchy in the early 1980s along with a gold mine of fabulous finds at my recent vintage jewelry treasure hunt at Brimfield, Mass! I bought an estate collection of 1970-1980s Givenchy jewelry and I am making it available to you. Givenchy is extremely collectable now and the 70-80s jewelry style is just perfect with today's fashions. The giant gold Cleopatra logo necklace by Givenchy has sold but you never know when it will turn up again. Maybe on one of Rachel Zoe's stylings for the red carpet!

You know how Tiffany released the key necklace last year? Well I've got Givenchy's take on it from the early 80s. It hangs on a lucious long gold chain and is accented with rhinestones and of course the Givenchy logo.

Another fabulous necklace is the large link necklace. Three 2" circular rings are centered with rectangle links on both sides follosed by two more smaller circles and a square link. Between each link is an elongated Givenchy logo on an oval cartouche. This necklace is amazing!

The treasure trove of Givenchy also includes two fabulous large link bracelets, earrings and oversized brooches. All Givenchy jewelry featured here is available through Vintage Couture Jewelry at circa360x2@hotmail.com . email me to see all Givenchy selections!

Count Hubert James Marcel Taffin de Givenchy was born in 1927. Being a French aristocrat and fashion designer, he founded the couture House of Givenchy in 1952. He designed much of the personal wardrobe of Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy. He worked with Dior, Balmain and Schiaparelli. Gianfranco Ferre, John Galliano and Alexander Mcqueen all designed for Givenchy.
His fashions were inovative and his jewelry was made to enhance his fashions. His amazing designs are highly collectable today.

4 comments:

Gia Watkins said...

Ah, so nice to see you're back PatraB. I always enjoy your jewelry commentary. Tell me, we're reliving the 1980s now... LARGE oversized necklaces and earrings. How long do you think this trend will last? And, what's the next trend going to be?

PatraB said...

Oversized jewelry is just filtering down to the "genpop". That means that we will be seeing this trend for at least another 2 to 3 years. The look is not serious and loaded with irony-little pearls just won't do it today- it has to be jumbo pearls with a giant pendant, many chains or many charms. The reaction to this will be refinment and femininity which will show up on the runway when we have become bored of giant jewelry.

Karena said...

Oh I am in love, found you through your wonderful sister! The heart necklace and the copper are fabulous.

A jewlery suprise is on my site!

Karena
Art by Karena

GemFind.com - Certified Loose Diamonds said...

Thank you for sharing your info, I love the heart necklace.